Waratah base is disconnected due to changes at the mill used to source this base. The colours listed below are the only colours available. This base will be replaced with our new 100% 4ply alpaca base, called Wattle, due early next year (2020), which is currently being processed by another mill.
- Semi-worsted – 4ply (fingering weight)
- 100% Australian Alpaca – 100 gram skeins at standard conditions
- 320 metres or 349 yards – 28sts to 10cm on 3.25mm needles
- Gentle hand wash only in warm water
- Do not machine wash – do not tumble dry – dry in shade
This yarn is hand dyed by Angela at home. Colours may bleed for the first couple of washes. Waratah 4ply alpaca yarn can be substituted into any pattern requiring 4ply or fingering weight yarn that calls for the same tension. Ideal for scarves, shawls, wraps or hats. Anything that you can think of really.