The Blackwattle Bunny
Make your own Blackwattle Bunny with these fun crochet kits from The Blackwattle Team!
As seen in the Homespun Crochet magazine – Issue 2
If you’re perusing the pages of the latest Homespun Crochet magazine, you might have come across our free Blackwattle Bunny pattern!
Designed for adventurous beginners and beyond, this pattern and the samples bunnies pictured all utilised our Banksia DK weight yarn – a delightful blend of superwashed merino and hemp fibres.
For those inspired by these cuddly treasures, we’ve created a range of kits containing all the consumables you’ll need to crochet the charming Blackwattle Bunny.
Each of our kits include:
- 100g of our hand dyed Banksia DK weight yarn in a main colour
- 20 grams of a Contrast Colour for Paws and Inner Ears
- 20 grams of an additional colour for Paw Pads and Inner Ears – 2nd Option
- 2 x 5 grams of pink yarn for the nose and mouth
- Safety Eyes
- Crochet Pattern (If you don’t already have the magazine)
There are a few items you will need to utilise from your home project bag, including your favourite 3mm crochet hook, a tapestry needle, a pair of scissors, stitch markers (or some scrap yarn to act as stitch markers) plus a fork or Pom Pom Maker to make the tail.
You may also wish to use eyeshadow/pencils to add details on cheeks (if desired) and utilise about 10 grams of something from your stash to add a cute little scarf!
Pattern Creation and Support
- This free crochet pattern was created for Homespun Crochet magazine by Team Blackwattle
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pattern support