We have many wonderfully talented teachers for the retreat workshops.
Zetta Kanta - Award Winning Fibre Artist
Zetta Kanta, Melbourne based fibre artist; works with wool, alpaca and silk to create impressionist style modern wall hangings and tapestries that resemble more a painting than a non woven fabric.
- Zetta's wall hangings are very tactile and highlight our need to return to nature and feel its pulse.
- Raw fibres, textures and natural materials have always fascinated Zetta.
- Zetta has successfully exhibited in Melbourne, Sydney and Queensland and her works have traveled as far as USA, Germany and Asia.
Deanne Ramsay - Addydae Designs
Deanne Ramsay, wife, mother and the creative force behind Addydae Designs, based in Canberra is our expert crochet teacher! Deanne's primary aim is to create designs that are not only great to wear and use, but are interesting and enjoyable to create as well. There’s no point in going to all of that effort to make something if you don’t enjoy the process, right?
Barbara Wheeler - Every Thread Counts
Barbara Wheeler is a Canberra based innovative designer, maker and natural dyer. Every Thread Counts - clothing from nature.
- Every Thread Counts mission - know your clothes provenance - where the fibres are grown, how the fabric is made, the importance of making your clothes and dyeing with local plants.
- Barbara exhibit and sells her works in Canberra, Moss Vale and Jamberoo, NSW.
- Barbara teaches people about the beautiful art of botanical print and natural texile dyeing.
Dominique Mumberson - Local Murrumbateman Artist
Dominique Mumberson is a local Murrumbateman artist who specialises in watercolour paintings, suitable for nurseries and childrens’ play rooms.
- She paints beautiful, creative and whimsical artworks with a wonderful hint of sheer delight and happiness.
- Working from her studio at home, Dominique, focuses on creating beautiful art works that brings joy to the viewer.
Julianne Ehlert-Connor - Fibre Art Australia and Retro Nanna
Welcome to the textile world of creative woven wall art and crochet toys.
- With over 10 years, experience in handmade design it was only a matter of time before Julianne fell in love with Fibre and Weaving.
- Hand dyeing most of the yarn and fibre used in her pieces herself, she creates woven textile art which is highly textural, organic and intricate in designs.
- Many of her pieces are influenced from beaches to the mountains, to the bush and the outback.
- Julianne is the also the creator of Retro Nanna and Giggle Spot Designs.
Jacqui Kempton, our local Canberra based knitting master, comes from a long line of serious knitting family members including her Grandma who was awarded an OAM for her knitting services to charity, will be teaching a wide range of knitting socks techniques including knitting in the round, casting on a closed toe and shaping toes and gussets. Learn how to knit from the toes up with Jacqui.
Jennifer Goodwin - Jen's Goodies
Jennifer Goodwin, a local Canberra based indie dyer from Jen's Goodies, will take you step by step through the acid dyeing techniques on protein fibres. Jennifer loves teaching colour theory so you can apply colours to alpaca yarn and fibre, creating mini works of yarn art! Jen's hand dyed yarn is stocked in Crafty Frog, Canberra.