18th and 19th – fully booked out but we have can opened the farm for another day – 25th January. You need to hit the “Reserve your Spot” on the Facebook event to secure you place.
Please make sure that you hit the “Reserve a Spot’ button – the blue one. Unfortunately due to space we can only take 20 people each day and only those who have reserved a spot can come. If you have hit the going button this does not reserve your spot – you need to hit the reserve button. Thank you.
At Blackwattle we believe in giving back to our wonderful community and at the moment our community needs us! We would like to express our deep sadness at the bush fires devastation that is currently occurring across our wonderful country and our heartfelt gratitude goes to all emergency workers who are helping their mates and their communities through this dreadful situation.
We believe in supporting our community so to help in this terrible situation we are getting our crafting community together to make joey pouches to donate to our wonderful wildlife carers working to save our precious native animals!
We are opening up our workshop and dye studio to provide space for people to come and make joey pouches for the Animal Rescue Craft Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/arfsncrafts/ and we are looking for anyone who wants to spend some time with us cutting and sewing pouches. We are also seeking donations of material to make the pouches.
January 17th and 18th – 9 to 5 both days! Come for both days or come for a few hours! Any help would be really wonderful and all pouches made will be donated to the Animal Rescue Craft Guild.
We will be supplying:
– morning/afternoon tea and lunch (if you have dietary needs you will need to bring your own food)
– the space to make the pouches (cutting and sewing areas)
– some material for the pouches (but we need more)
– patterns for the pouches (as per their instructions)
We will be responsible for all postage costs to the guild for the finished pouches.
During the weekend you will get to meet Catherine Burgess, a kangaroo and joey carer from Yass. Learn about what she does and the work it takes to care for the joeys. She will be bringing a few of her joeys with her so you have the opportunity to cuddle a joey and take inspiration from them over the weekend.
What we need you to bring:
– your sewing machines and threads
– any material that you would like to donate to make the pouches (if you have any to donate – if not use some of ours)
Want to help but can’t sew?
We need the following material donated so we can make the pouches:
– Inner pouches: 100% natural fibre only (cotton, bamboo, linen, silk). Flannelette or plain cotton are great, some carers love stretchy t-shirt cotton. Upcycled bed sheets and doona covers are perfect for these. Fabric should be very soft (what you would give to a baby).
– Outer pouches: Cotton, flannelette, polar fleece, wool, jersey, sweatshirt material, etc. Poly blends and synthetics are OK.
If you wish to make donations of some material for the pouches please message me for pick up or drop off details.
Please note we are not taking monetary donations. If you wish to donate money please do so directly to Animal Rescue Craft Guild. All donations are tax deductible: https://mkc.org.au/donations/arfsncrafts/